Welcome to the IODPA – Injury On Duty Pensioners Association.
We are a community of former police officers all medically retired with an injury on duty award (IOD). This site provides the reader with a wealth of experience, knowledge and information collated by those living with an injury pension. Those involved in IODPA cover the breadth of the UK with links to every region.
This group hopes to share the wisdom of those who have have dealt with problems caused by police pension authorities in order that no-one has to live alone in the dark any more.
- Promote awareness of the benefits of treating those with injury on duty awards with the correct application of the Regulations, respect, equality and inclusion.
- Expose and challenge all aspects of illegality, unfair practices and conduct at all levels injury award administration.
- Share information about good practices being pursued to achieve lawful and fair outcomes.
- Support individuals to effect actions for themselves to achieve lawful and fair outcomes.
- Develop a wider awareness and acceptance that the continued use of unlawful policies and frameworks for the administration of injury on duty awards is failing everyone.
- o we need to include anything on confidentiality when anyone divulges private
- To provide a support network and forum for retired injured officers
“It is of the highest public importance that a democratically elected governmental body, or indeed any governmental body, should be open to uninhibited public criticism”
“It follows, therefore, that every citizen has a right to criticise an inefficient or corrupt government without fear of civil as well as criminal prosecution. This absolute privilege is founded on the principle that it is advantageous for the public interest that the citizen should not be in any way fettered in his statements, and where the public service or due administration of justice is involved he shall have the right to speak his mind freely.”