Welcome to the Injury on Duty Pensioners Association.
"Supporting the rights of injured officers"
Have you been called for a review of your injury pension?
Browse all of the latest news... Read More »
- The “November 2018 | Issue 96” edition of the monthly NARPO magazine contained this full page article by Mark Botham. Mark is the Managing Director of Botham Solutions which provides training, a health and safety consultancy and advises on matters such as police pensions. He is an ex Yorkshire Police Federation... Read More »
- We recently reported that Chief Constable Gareth Morgan had invited vulnerable pensioners to Staffordshire Police Headquarters to discuss the Police (Injury Benefit) Regulations 2006 and in particular Regulation 33. He also rejected the offer for the pensioners legal representatives to attend in order to represent their clients. We understand that... Read More »
- Who can join? We offer membership to officers that have retired with an injury on duty pension, or are going through the process of ill health retirement and expect to receive an injury on duty pension at the conclusion of the process. We have members from every force in the country... Read More »
- We are a support based association with shared experiences that provides signposting and opinion and as such we do not give legal advice. Support and information in facilitating you to deal with a frightening process is our strength and where IODPA cannot give legal advice, we can provide you with information... Read More »
Meet our Patrons and Ambassadors
Browse all of the latest case studies... Read More »
- Karen’s story On 23rd January 2004, at about 8.00 pm, Karen’s life changed forever. Karen, a police constable, aged just thirty eight, was attacked whilst attempting to arrest a male for robbery. The suspect resisted arrest; he fought with Karen, reigning several blows down on her head. The struggle continued... Read More »