Welcome to the Injury on Duty Pensioners Association.
"Supporting the rights of injured officers"
Know your rights...
What is ill-health retirement?
Retiring through ill-health can be a difficult and emotive time. If you're not sure of the process or what may happen to your pension, then have a read of our guide. ... Read More »
What is an injury on duty?
Are you retired or about to retire and been injured on duty with a permanent injury which affects your earning capacity? If so, find out whether you may be eligible for an injury pension... Read More »
Have you been called for a review of your injury pension?
Have you been called for review and need to know what to do, and what your rights are? Do not reply until you understand what your legal obligations are... Read More »
Browse all of the latest news... Read More »
- The Firefighters’ Pension Scheme 2015 saw thousands of younger firefighters compulsorily transferred into a scheme where they have to work until 60, pay more and work for longer only to receive a pension that is greatly reduced in value. Firefighters younger than age 45 on 1 April 2012 were unfairly... Read More »
- Whoa!!! — [Anonymous] command to stop or slow down, usually horse or vehicle We have breaking news… Staffordshire’s Chief Constable, Mr Morgan, has thrown the gears of his review truck into reverse. A few weeks ago Mr Morgan took the extraordinary step of deciding that failure by IOD pensioners to... Read More »
- Who can join? We offer membership to officers that have retired with an injury on duty pension, or are going through the process of ill health retirement and expect to receive an injury on duty pension at the conclusion of the process. We have members from every force in the country... Read More »
- We are a support based association with shared experiences that provides signposting and opinion and as such we do not give legal advice. Support and information in facilitating you to deal with a frightening process is our strength and where IODPA cannot give legal advice, we can provide you with information... Read More »
Meet our Patrons and Ambassadors
Browse all of the latest testimonials... Read More »
- Rosie Mac’s Testimonial to IODPA I found a group of people, now named ‘IODPA’ I listened very carefully to what they had to say This group is full of members sharing research and advice I’ve found that every single member is very, very nice. They spoke of many... Read More »
- Karen’s story On 23rd January 2004, at about 8.00 pm, Karen’s life changed forever. Karen, a police constable, aged just thirty eight, was attacked whilst attempting to arrest a male for robbery. The suspect resisted arrest; he fought with Karen, reigning several blows down on her head. The struggle continued... Read More »