Welcome to the Injury on Duty Pensioners Association.
"Supporting the rights of injured officers"
IODPA is the only dedicated organisation that supports police officers that have been injured on duty through no fault of their own. Injuries can be mental, physical, or on occasions can be both.
We advise officers, who are going through the ill health retirement process, are applying for an injury pension, or are subsequently having their pension award reviewed. Examination of historical awards is also sometimes necessary to ensure that they were correctly administered.
Our membership covers every force within England and Wales, Police Scotland, RUC & PSNI, British Transport Police and the Isle of Man. Come and join us, and help us to support injured officers.
Know your rights...
What is ill-health retirement?
Retiring through ill-health can be a difficult and emotive time. If you're not sure of the process or what may happen to your pension, then have a read of our guide. ... Read More »
What is an injury on duty?
Are you retired or about to retire and been injured on duty with a permanent injury which affects your earning capacity? If so, find out whether you may be eligible for an injury pension... Read More »
The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and you
This guide is based on our interpretation, ongoing legal challenges and numerous advice that’s already been issued by the Information Commissioners Office (‘ICO’)... Read More »
Browse all of the latest news... Read More »
- We are extremely pleased announce that James Austin HETHERINGTON, known as Austin has been awarded a Medallists of the Order of the British Empire (BEM) in HM King’s first Birthday Honors List. Austin was the equivalent of IODPA in Northern Ireland working tirelessly to seek justice for police officers that... Read More »
- The Police Federation of England & Wales victimised and discriminated against officers involved in police pension claims, tribunal finds. The Police Federation of England & Wales (PFEW) discriminated against and victimised members who previously made claims against the Government after being moved onto pension schemes with reduced benefits, a tribunal... Read More »
Browse all of the latest snippets... Read More »
- Questions For A Selected Medical Practitioner (SMP) Under The Police (Injury Benefit) Regulations 2006, the SMP has four questions to consider for an injury award – (a) whether the person concerned is disabled (b) whether the disablement is likely to be permanent… (c) whether the disablement is the result of... Read More »
- Calculating Injury Pensions Injury pensions are calculated using the table in Schedule 3 of The Police (Injury Benefit) Regulations 2006. Only four parameters are needed for the calculation, Annual Pensionable Pay (‘APP’) Length of service Level of disability (band 1 to 4 as determined by the Selected Medical Practitioner... Read More »
Browse all of the latest testimonials... Read More »
- Mary’s Story I would like to say thank you for all of the support that IODPA has given me. I am more than happy for you to put this on your page, anonymously of course, as I want other people like me to know that help is there. Once upon... Read More »
- Colin’s Story In the mid 90’s I left the Police with 16 years pensionable service to seek a different career in London having moved there from a northern provincial force area. Some 18 months or so before leaving I had sustained injuries to my back, neck, and face during an... Read More »
- Who can join? We offer membership to officers that have retired with an injury on duty pension, or are going through the process of ill health retirement and expect to receive an injury on duty pension at the conclusion of the process. We have members from every force in the country... Read More »
- We are a support based association with shared experiences that provides signposting and opinion and as such we do not give legal advice. Support and information in facilitating you to deal with a frightening process is our strength and where IODPA cannot give legal advice, we can provide you with information... Read More »